Find a pro in Stockville, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Stockville, Nebraska. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Nebraska // Stockville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Stockville, Nebraska
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Stockville, Nebraska, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.