Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Alton Bay, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free way to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Alton Bay, NH have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Place for All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Alton Bay, NH Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Alton Bay, NH have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Alton Bay, NH with confidence.