Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Alton, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Alton, NH have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Are there any licenses or qualifications I should consider when choosing a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there may not be industry-mandated licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reliability with online customer reviews.
A reliable expert will give a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the professional method to refinish cabinets?
A professional handling your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally several steps used to transform the look of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first inspected to ensure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If so, any gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant damage, such as scratches, dings, and similar blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be critical to imparting a professional outcome, and may require several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, any parts can be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the final project meets your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that any refinishing project will vary depending on things such as the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer amount of time. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing rather than buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and stress-free way to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Alton, NH
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Alton, NH have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Alton, NH with confidence.