Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Andover, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you hire a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and imparts a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years do cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Andover, NH have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Andover, NH
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Andover, NH have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Andover, NH confidently.