Find a Cabinet Painter in Antrim, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // New Hampshire // Antrim
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which kind of paint is used for cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that modern aesthetic. Common wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to focus on is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Ensure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Do I have to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's may be tempting to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Antrim, NH, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter Near Antrim, NH
A quick way to increase the value of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Antrim, NH fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets could be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all the information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Antrim, NH easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.