Find a Pro in Bartlett, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of this prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your service could then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will experienced painters charge by the hour?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Therefore, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Can interior painting give a worthwhile ROI?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted hides those imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
A major selling point about hiring during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Dependable House Painters Serving Near Bartlett, NH
When you require a good residential painter in Bartlett, NH, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also features several useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the important information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Bartlett, NH and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you need.