Find a Cabinet Painter in Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the appearance of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint usually used for home walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sleek appearance. Common wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Is it difficult to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Center Ossipee, NH, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Center Ossipee, NH
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Center Ossipee, NH fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Locate all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Center Ossipee, NH easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.