Find a pro in Center Tuftonboro, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Center Tuftonboro
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Center Tuftonboro, NH
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Center Tuftonboro, NH. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Center Tuftonboro, NH. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.