Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Dover, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I look forward to when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and imparts a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished?
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in the look of my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Dover, NH have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Dover, NH
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Dover, NH have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Dover, NH confidently.