Find a Pro in East Andover, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // New Hampshire // East Andover
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the expected cost of labor when painting a home's interior?
The cost to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the overall size of the space. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than the entire residence, especially a big residence.
You can expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a local professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior yourself or live in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are a few glaring things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every house is different, there is no set timeline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. Most experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its durability. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What are the services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your service could then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical hourly rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, without tax or product included.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in East Andover, NH
When you need a dependable residential painter near East Andover, NH, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also provides plenty of useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that brings together all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in East Andover, NH and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.