Find a Cabinet Painter in Epping, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // New Hampshire // Epping
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction between cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their elegant aesthetic. Common wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
What features should I look for from a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you consider gives written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Is it necessary to prime and sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What things are considered when it comes to the cost of painting cabinets?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Epping, New Hampshire, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With a Professional Cabinet Painter Near Epping, New Hampshire
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Epping, New Hampshire fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Epping, New Hampshire confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.