Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Farmington, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Farmington, New Hampshire have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing expert likely possess?
While there aren't industry-mandated licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reputation through online customer reviews.
A reliable professional can provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How will contractors perform cabinet refinishing?
A professional working on your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally numerous steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be taken off, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor damage, like scratches, dents, and other imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to accomplish the look you're looking for. The drying and curing stage is crucial to giving a high-quality outcome, and could require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, all gear can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that every refinishing process will vary depending on things such as the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, contractors may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to reality.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Farmington, New Hampshire
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Farmington, New Hampshire have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Farmington, New Hampshire confidently.