Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How long will refinished cabinets survive
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing professional typically possess?
Though there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will prominently display their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability through online client feedback.
A reliable expert will give a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How do professionals perform cabinet refinishing?
A contractor working on your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally numerous steps used to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets should be first assessed to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, any gear will be taken off, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some small damage, such as cracks, dents, and similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step will be vital to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain has dried, any hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will make sure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that any refinishing process can vary based on things such as the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire confidently.