Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Grafton, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple method to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get professional results when you allow a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Grafton, NH have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
One Site Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Grafton, NH Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Grafton, NH have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Grafton, NH with confidence.