Find a pro in Henniker, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Henniker, NH. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Henniker, NH
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Henniker, NH, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.