Find a Pro in Lincoln, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the average cost of labor when painting a home's interior?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the dimensions of the space. One 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than the entire residence, especially a larger home.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
What is the right schedule for repainting the outside of my home?
There are a few obvious signs to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every home is different. Most experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It could be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Lincoln, New Hampshire
When you're searching for a good house painter near Lincoln, New Hampshire, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to boost your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also features several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that collects all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Lincoln, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.