Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lisbon, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // New Hampshire // Lisbon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What is the recommended number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Lisbon, NH have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
What certifications or qualifications are important to check for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there may not be industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reputation with online customer feedback.
A reputable expert should supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have adequate communication skills and be able to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. You should also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing accomplished?
A professional working on your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are usually many steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first evaluated to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor damage, like cracks, dents, and other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage is critical to giving a professional outcome, and could require several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, any gear can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the finished project meets your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that the specific refinishing process can vary depending on things like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak directly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Lisbon, NH With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several homeowners in Lisbon, NH have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lisbon, NH confidently.