Find a Pro in Lisbon, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of this prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your painter could then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do expert painters charge hourly?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a worthwhile choice?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your house recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your house's interior painted covers those imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
A major benefit to scheduling during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Knowledgeable House Painting Contractors Near Near Lisbon, NH
When you want a good house painter near Lisbon, NH, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also features many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that collects all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Lisbon, NH and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality services you need.