Find a Cabinet Refinisher in New Hampton, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and offers a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will I know if cabinet refinishing is the best idea to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of New Hampton, New Hampshire have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Place With All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near New Hampton, New Hampshire Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in New Hampton, New Hampshire have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in New Hampton, New Hampshire with confidence.