Find a pro in Newton Junction, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Newton Junction
Roofing Maintenance Services in Newton Junction, New Hampshire
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newton Junction, New Hampshire. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.