Find a pro in Ossipee, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Ossipee
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Ossipee, New Hampshire
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ossipee, New Hampshire, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.