Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sanbornton, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Sanbornton, NH have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Are there any specific certifications or qualifications I need to look for from a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there may not be industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will highlight their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability with online customer reviews.
A reputable expert should give a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing carried out?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally many steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first inspected to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor damage, such as scratches, dings, or other blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage will be critical to ensuring a professional outcome, and could require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain completely cures, any hardware will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished results satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that any refinishing project can vary based on factors such as the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may employ specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to communicate clearly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Sanbornton, NH
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Sanbornton, NH have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sanbornton, NH with confidence.