Find a pro in South Sutton, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // South Sutton
Roofing Maintenance Services in South Sutton, New Hampshire
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in South Sutton, New Hampshire. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.