Find a pro in Springfield, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Springfield, NH
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Springfield, NH, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.