Find a Pro in Strafford, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the best color for exterior paint?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when deciding on a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overarching aesthetic you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful tones that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
Why should you recruit an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and experience to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to execute it. With their first-rate process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and methods to perform the job with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can contribute to the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior House Painting Services Near Strafford, New Hampshire
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Strafford, New Hampshire. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can update your home's design with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a professional to carry out the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly browse for professionals, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of what they can offer. Look through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge platform. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to pick the best contractor for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up an appointment all in one place.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can deliver useful tips and help you decide on an elegant color combination. Painting projects can increase your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent workmanship. Get outstanding results by using our app and reach out to an experienced painter to take care of the entire process with careful attention to detail.