Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sunapee, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
When can cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Sunapee, NH have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing professional usually possess?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and reputation with online client feedback.
A reliable expert will provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing performed?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually many steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first evaluated to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant damage, such as cracks, dings, and similar blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing step will be vital to imparting a professional result, and may require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, any hardware can be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the final results satisfies your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing project may vary depending on things such as the model of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak directly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing rather than hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple project to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Sunapee, NH
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Sunapee, NH have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sunapee, NH with confidence.