Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Wilmot, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy method to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Wilmot, NH have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Wilmot, NH
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Wilmot, NH have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Wilmot, NH with confidence.