Find a pro in Winchester, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Winchester
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Winchester, New Hampshire
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Winchester, New Hampshire, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.