Find a Cabinet Painter in Adelphia, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // New Jersey // Adelphia
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a distinction between cabinet paint and regular paint?
A commonly asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for home walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their modern appearance. Typical wall paints might not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
Which features should I look for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their past work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by checking their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Should I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Adelphia, NJ, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Adelphia, NJ Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to boost the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Adelphia, NJ fluctuates, but many customers have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Adelphia, NJ easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.