Find a Pro in Atlantic City, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What kind of services will a house painter perform?
Here is what an expert painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional might then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a professional painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do painting contractors usually charge by the hour?
The average painter's cost of services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter per hour. That's only the labor. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Will interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your home in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters see the slowest business demand?
A major benefit about booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Atlantic City, NJ
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Atlantic City, NJ, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also gives plenty of useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that collects all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Atlantic City, NJ and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.