Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Avalon, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Avalon, NJ have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Which certifications or qualifications are good to look for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there aren't industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reliability with online client feedback.
A dependable professional can provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have good communication skills and be able to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How do professionals refinish cabinets?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are generally many steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first assessed to make sure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be taken off, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant damage, like scratches, dents, or similar imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step is critical to ensuring a high-quality outcome, and could require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, all gear can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the final results meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to keep in mind that the specific refinishing project may vary depending on factors such as the model of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak clearly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
What kind of benefits can I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free way to update their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Avalon, NJ
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Avalon, NJ have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Avalon, NJ confidently.