Find a pro in Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Bloomingdale, New Jersey. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bloomingdale, New Jersey
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bloomingdale, New Jersey, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bloomingdale, New Jersey. Find the right contractor for your property today.