Find a pro in Bogota, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bogota, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Bogota, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.