Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Bridgeton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Bridgeton, NJ have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any particular licenses or qualifications when choosing a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and dependability with online customer feedback.
A reliable expert will give a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess excellent communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How do contractors refinish cabinets?
A contractor taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are usually many steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be taken off, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small damage, like cracks, dents, or similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be vital to ensuring a high-quality outcome, and could require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, any hardware will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the final project meets your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to note that the specific refinishing process can vary depending on aspects such as the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate directly with anyone you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
What kind of benefits can I expect by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Bridgeton, NJ Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Bridgeton, NJ have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Bridgeton, NJ with confidence.