Find a pro in Cedar Brook, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Cedar Brook, NJ
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Cedar Brook, NJ. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Cedar Brook, NJ. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.