Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free method to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions between cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will I know if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Cedar Knolls, NJ have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Cedar Knolls, NJ Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Cedar Knolls, NJ have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Cedar Knolls, NJ with confidence.