Find a Pro in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when selecting the exterior paint color for your home?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to create. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
Why should you recruit an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and knowledge to carry out the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their superior approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and strategies to do the job with outstanding craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that let the paint adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clear area to start working on, so using power washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stay.
What is the normal budget for exterior painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Find Exterior House Painting Contractors in Cedar Knolls, NJ
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Cedar Knolls, NJ. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and experience to deliver outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's design with a new pop of color that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By recruiting a professional to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can efficiently browse for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of their level of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our no-cost app. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for homeowners to choose the most qualified professional for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with useful suggestions and help you brainstorm a beautiful color combination. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding workmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable exterior painter to take care of the whole process with close attention to detail.