Find a pro in Clementon, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Jersey // Clementon
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Clementon, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Clementon, NJ. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.