Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Clinton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple way to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets be refinished
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Clinton, New Jersey have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Clinton, New Jersey
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Clinton, New Jersey have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Clinton, New Jersey confidently.