Find a pro in East Rutherford, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // New Jersey // East Rutherford
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in East Rutherford, NJ
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in East Rutherford, NJ. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.