Find a Pro in Fair Haven, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // New Jersey // Fair Haven
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should go with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a superior result than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and knowledge to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can turn to an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their first-rate process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to do the project with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint stick and look great for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a sleek finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stick.
What's the cost associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Services in Fair Haven, New Jersey
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and recruit companies in Fair Haven, New Jersey. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the skills and background to provide excellent services. You can improve your home's aesthetic with a new pop of color that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting projects to gain a good idea of what they can provide. Browsing through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to pick the most suitable professional for the project in their area. You can also direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver useful tips and help you come up with an attractive color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver exceptional work. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and contacting a skilled professional to take care of the whole process with close attention to detail.