Find a pro in Fairfield, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Fairfield, New Jersey
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Fairfield, New Jersey. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Fairfield, New Jersey. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.