Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Fairview, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Fairview, NJ have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
What licenses or qualifications are important to look for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there aren't industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and reputation with online client feedback.
A reputable professional will supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and a readiness to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing done?
A professional handling your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually several steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets are first assessed to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any hardware will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant damage, such as cracks, dings, or similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to accomplish the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage will be crucial to giving a high-quality result, and could need several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain has dried, any gear will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the finished results meets your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing project can vary based on things such as the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, professionals may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Fairview, NJ
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Fairview, NJ have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Fairview, NJ confidently.