Find a pro in Florence, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Florence, NJ
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Florence, NJ, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.