Find a Pro in Franklin Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a good choice to prioritize interior painting for my home?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your interior. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your home's interior painted covers all imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
What's the season of minimum demand for painters?
A major benefit to scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the preferred frequency for repainting the outer walls of my residence?
There are a few glaring things to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe for a new coat, because every house differs from the other. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
If you've just bought a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services fall under the scope of a residential painter?
Examples of the tasks an expert painter generally conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Qualified House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Franklin Park, NJ
When you want a dependable house painter in Franklin Park, NJ, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also offers several useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Franklin Park, NJ and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.