Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Gibbsboro, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I expect by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy way to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is that the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment in the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Gibbsboro, New Jersey have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Gibbsboro, New Jersey Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Gibbsboro, New Jersey have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Gibbsboro, New Jersey with confidence.