Find a Pro in Hackensack, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a good idea to prioritize interior painting for my home?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your home recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you pick, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
What is the least active time of year for painters?
A major selling point about booking within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How long is the best interval for repainting the outside of a house?
There are some evident signs to keep an eye out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, since every home is different. A lot of professionals say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Most painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Hackensack, NJ
When you're looking for a good house painter in Hackensack, NJ, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also gives many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that collects all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Hackensack, NJ and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.