Find a Pro in Harrison, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some advantages of choosing interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you choose, a fresh paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest time of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to scheduling during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the best interval for repainting the outside of a residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to watch out for, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Painting an exterior can be an extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set time for a new coat, because every house is different. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its durability. It could be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What are the services I should expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your service might then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Residential Painting Contractors in Near Harrison, New Jersey
When you need a reliable house painter in Harrison, New Jersey, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also brings plenty of useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that collects all the important information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Harrison, New Jersey and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.