Find a Pro in Irvington, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should flow with the overarching design you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to form. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish shades that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more cozy and content.
How can recruiting an exterior painting contractor enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally give you a high-quality result than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the tools and training to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting professional to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to carry it out. With their superior practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and methods to conduct the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a smooth varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
Can you offer a quote of the cost involved in exterior painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with a free quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Irvington, NJ
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Irvington, NJ. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the skills and background to deliver outstanding services. You can update your home's design with fresh paint that simultaneously provides a strong barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a professional to carry out the job, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently look for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through candidate profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for anyone to select the most qualified candidates for the job near them. You can even send direct messages, ask for a quote, and schedule a consultation all in one place.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver useful suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color combination. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by using our home management platform and contacting a skilled professional to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.