Find a Pro in Kendall Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the typical per hour rate for painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. That's only for the service. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Does interior painting provide a worthwhile return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the interior of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the dimensions of the space. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a spacious one.
You can expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Experienced Home Painting Contractors in in Kendall Park, NJ
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Kendall Park, NJ, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also features several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Kendall Park, NJ and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.